Walking and Cycling Grants London (WCGL) and the Community Ideas Grants are grants programmes funded by Transport for London in partnership with The London Marathon Charitable Trust and administered by Groundwork London.
We fund grants of up to three years to community groups and organisations, to deliver projects and programmes that remove the barriers to walking and cycling and enable all communities to enjoy the benefits of active travel.
· Increase walking and cycling in London (including new, lapsed or occasional cyclists)
· Increase confidence in walking and cycling
· Increase walking and cycling frequency
· Make cycle ownership more accessible
· Introduce exercise via walking and cycling to people who are particularly inactive
· Reduce social isolation and get people involved and together in their local community
Projects create confidence in participants, provide upskilling opportunities, enable greater physical, social and economic mobility, improve physical and mental health, reduce social exclusion and strengthen communities.
Since we began in 2015, we’ve awarded over £1m in grants, supported over 180 projects across all 33 London boroughs, with over forty one thousand participants benefitting from the scheme.
If you have an idea to inspire and support people in your community to walk or cycle more often and more safely, we may be able to support you! Contact our grants administrators at email@example.com.